First of all, we very much appreciate your use of the Ning platform to create your social website, but content that was uploaded or embedded onto https://911scholars.ning.com/
, built on the Ning platform, at:
was the subject of a takedown notice we received from Judy Wood pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Judy Wood has asserted ownership of this content and that ‘Chuck Boldwyn’ uploaded or embedded that content onto https://911scholars.ning.com/
without permission to do so. Please see the attached notice from Thomas Potter on behalf of Judy Wood. We have disabled access to this content at this time as described in our Terms of Service (http://about.ning.com/tos.php
Additionally, as stated in our Terms of Service, repeated incidents of copyright infringement will result in the termination of a Ning account and may also result in disabling a social website if a Ning Creator does not prohibit such conduct on his or her social website. We also reserve the right to terminate members, including Ning Creators, suspected of infringing copyrights upon the first incident without further notice, at our sole discretion. We do not want to be put in the position of having to take any of these actions, so to help prevent us from having to take these steps, please delete from https://911scholars.ning.com/
, any additional material ‘Chuck Boldwyn’ uploaded or embedded tohttps://911scholars.ning.com/
which you believe ‘Chuck Boldwyn’ does not own the necessary rights within forty eight (48) hours from the receipt of this notice, and please take precautions to prevent your members from uploading or embedding additional material that they do not have permission to upload or embed. For more information about Ning’s copyright policy, please see Ning’s Terms of Service (http://about.ning.com/tos.php
The Ning Team
2000 Sierra Point Parkway
Brisbane, CA 94005
To Whom it May Concern:
I am writing to you to avail myself of my rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This letter is a Notice of Infringement as authorized in § 512(c) of the U.S. Copyright Law. I wish to report an occurrence of what I feel in good faith is an instance of Copyright Infringement. The infringing material appears on the Service for which you are the designated agent.
registered with the U.S. Copyright Office as the Designated Service Provider Agent to receive notifications of alleged Copyright infringement with respect to users of the Service for which you are the Designated Agent.
1. The material which I contend belongs to me, and appears illegally on the Service is the following:
a.) Vandalized Image of book cover: WHERE DID THE TOWERS GO? Evidence of Directed Free-Energy Technology on 9/11 by Dr. Judy Wood, B.S., M.S., Ph.D. (see attached image)
b.) Image of Dr. Judy Wood
2. The material appears at the website addresses: (see attached screen captures)
3. The material appears on my Web site at these addresses:
4. My contact information is as follows:
5. I have a good faith belief that the use of the material that appears on the Service is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by operation of law. Since the author of the video is not discussing or critiquing the artwork on the cover, Fair Use doesn't apply. Additionally, this unauthorized use of Dr. Judy Wood's image and book cover damages her reputation and forensic investigation of the World Trade Center complex.
6. The information in this notice is accurate, and I am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
7. Understanding the scope of Fair Use and becoming familiar with those situations where it applies and those where it does not can help protect Ning and parent company Glam Media, Inc. from unauthorized use of copyright materials. Fair Use is not an exception to copyright compliance so much as it is a "legal defense." That is, if Ning uses a copyright protected work and the copyright owner claims copyright infringement, Ning may be able to assert a defense of Fair Use, which Ning would then have to prove. In lieu of a complete risk analysis, it would be preferential to follow the motto "when in doubt, obtain permission". Compensation may include damages, such as lost profits from the
infringing activity, or statutory damages up to $150,000 for each infringing instance or higher if the court feels that the infringement was committed "willfully".
8. I declare under the perjury laws of the United States of America that this notification is true and correct.
Copyright Agent for Dr. Judy Wood
If you'd like to provide us with additional details or updates, you can reply to this message via email. If you choose to update your question via email, please be sure to leave the subject and body of this email in place.
The Ning Team
Looking for a seasoned team to help you design your network? We've helped companies, organizations and individuals just like you successfully launch beautifully designed, vibrant communities. Let us help you make it happen! Visit our Design Services page