Al Jazeera is reporting what readers of this blog already know.
Our criminal government funds and arms the insurgent movement in Afghanistan.
The US Constitution defines treason:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
Our criminal government is proposing:
…a plan is being considered to pay up to $1bn to Taliban fighters to persuade them to lay down their arms.
In advance of an international conference in London to discuss Afghanistan’s future on Thursday, Japan, the United States and Britain are said to be leading the proposal.
The scheme would offer cash, jobs and other incentives to the Taliban and fighters in other armed groups.
“The sum could be as much as between $500m and $1bn over the next five years”, Al Jazeera’s James Bays, reporting from London, said.
Can any one tell me how this is not high treason?
I can actually taste the outrage in my mouth right now as I read this. Pretty much a first for me. The level of brazen hubris and open contempt for the American troops is absolutely stunning.
Arming the insurgents and openly funding them by paying off supply routes just isn’t enough! We need a billion dollars in bribe money to ensure the war continues forever!
Research related links
1. Taliban Numbers Increase
2. British plan to build training camp for Taliban fighters in Afghanistan
3. Taliban: We may attack Paris
4. Who is funding the Afghan Taliban? You don’t want to know
5. Taliban now encircle Kabul
6. The Afghan People Prefer To Live Under The Taliban
7. Taliban vow to resist US surge in Afghanistan
8. Security Worsens As Taliban Move Into Northern Afghanistan
9. Taliban hold sway over in 97% of Afghanistan
10. Report: U.S. Gave Green Light For Taliban Prison Attack
11. Taliban Show U.S. Who Owns Afghanistan
12. Pentagon: Taliban growing into a ‘resilient insurgency.